The Best SME ICT Awards aims to encourage and recognize local ICT SME companies’ development of innovative ICT solutions, and local SME end-user companies’ adoption of ICT solutions to enhance business efficiency and productivity.
Introduction of Organizer
The Information and Software Industry Association (“ISIA”) was established in July 1999 to promote the standard, recognition and profitability of the local information and software industry and to expedite the development of high value-added information and software services for the industries in Hong Kong and the region.
The ISIA was established with the following specific objectives to develop the local information and software industry:
- To enhance the competitiveness of Hong Kong information and software industry, locally and globally
- To promote the awareness and usage of information technology
- To provide a forum for experience sharing and partnership facilitation
- To safeguard the interests of the industry and present expert opinions to the Government and other international parties
- To promote co-operation between information and software industry in Hong Kong and Mainland China
Introduction of Co-organiser
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, was established in 1957 and now has a membership of over 70,000 in over 100 countries. BCS is the leading industry body for ICT professionals, providing internationally recognised ICT qualifications to the world. BCS (Hong Kong Section) was founded in 1991 to create a hub and platform to unite and communicate with the BCS members in Hong Kong, and to create a professional presence for the BCS Headquarters. Since then, the Section has organised many activities and gatherings for the members. The Section has also actively participated in the public and invited consultation of ICT related matters initiated by the Government. Currently, there are over 1,000 members attached to the Section.