Date – 22 Nov 2014
Free Seminar Invitation – 100 Common Pitfalls and Preventive Measures in Logistics Industry (100個物流業常見誤區及預防)
You and your peers are cordially invited to join the Seminar on “100 Common Pitfalls and Preventive Measures in Logistics Industry” organized by the Hong Kong Sea Transport and Logistics Association, The Hong Kong Shippers’ Council, and the Shipping Research Center of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. The seminar is one of the events of ALMC Logistics and Maritime Week (LMW).
The identified pitfalls and proposed measures are beneficial to reduce risks and enhance service level in the logistics operations. It is useful for shippers, consignees, traders, manufacturers, policy makers, educators, insurance agents, bankers, carriers to make appropriate decisions.
Date: 22 November 2014 (Saturday)
Time: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Venue: Lecture Theater V322, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom.
- Welcome Speech by Byron Lee (Chairman of HKSTLA)
- Speech from the Guest of Honor – Hon Frankie Yick
- First Session: Knowledge Sharing on Common Pitfalls and Preventive Measures – Panel Discussion (Moderator: Dr. Venus Lun, – Director of Shipping Research Centre).
Topic 1: Customs Declaration
Speaker: Mr. Eric Wong – CEO of Marine Container Line (HK) Limited
Topic 2: Security
Speaker: Mr. Kingson Lee – Managing Director of Star Rainbow Logistics Hong Kong Limited
Topic 3: Bill of lading
Speaker: Dr. Stephen Ho – Chairman of Ferguson International Freight Forwarders Limited
- Group photos
- Tea Break
- Second Session: Knowledge sharing on Common Pitfalls and Preventive Measures – Panel Discussion (Moderator: Mr. Sunny Ho – Executive Director of Hong Kong Shippers’ Council).
Topic 4: Operation
Speaker: Mr. David Kuk – Logistics Business, Corporate Director, Dah Chong Hong Holdings Limited
Topic 5: Payment
Speaker: Dr. Byron Lee – Managing Director, China Global Lines Ltd, CGL Flying Fish Logistics (Shanghai) Ltd
Topic 6: Agent
Speaker: Mr. Norman Lok – President of Vinpac Group
- Invitation to join Global Port Research Alliance Conference (GPRA) on 21-22 May 2015
- Closing Speech by Mr. Paul Li (Project Coordinator)
Enrolment is on first-come first-served basis. Please complete the reply slip and send back to HKSTLA Secretariat by fax at 2687-2733 or email to email@example.com. For any enquiries, please contact Ms. Renata Chan at 2287-2633 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Sharing Invitation to 100 Common Pitfalls and Preventive Measures in Logistics Industry (100個物流業常見誤區及預防) on 22 November 2014 (Saturday) at 09:30
□ Organizer – HKSTLA Members, SRC members, HKSC members
□ Supporting Organizations
I am interested in joining the free sharing seminar on “100 Common Pitfalls and Preventive Measures in Logistics Industry” on 22 November 2014
|Please complete in Block Letters.|
|Name (Mr/Ms) English:|
|Fill in the Reply Slip and fax back to 26872733 or email to email@example.com for reservation first.|
Enrolment results (successful/unsuccessful) will be notified via email as per the email address provided on the reply form on/before 20 November 2014
Note: Please reply BEFORE 20 November 2014
* Please make copies and circulate to those interested. *
- If you do not wish to receive any event info from HKSTLA, please write down your fax no & fax this back to 2672733 so that we can stop sending you our messages in future. Sorry if it causes any inconvenience.
- 若閣下不欲收取香港航運物流協會所發出的活動推廣資料, 請註明閣下的傳真號碼並傳真至26872733，以便日後停止傳送資料給你。不便之處，敬請原諒!
“Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material/event (or by members of the Project team) do not reflect the views of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Trade and Industry Department or the Vetting Committee for the SME Development Fund and the Dedicated Fund on Branding, Upgrading and Domestic Sales (Organisation Support Programme).”